31 August 2016

More Artz + Newz

Here's another update.  Not necessarily new stuff, and if you follow me on Instagram then it's all old news and whatnot.  Anyhoo, here goes something good.

On 30 September 2016 (my birthday!!), I'll be competing in the ZBrush Summit Live Sculpt-Off.  I feel so honored and privileged to be able to rub shoulders (and hopefully totally whoop up on, though not entirely likely) with some of the world's top ZBrush talent.  I'm super grateful for Paul Gaboury and his selecting me to participate in this competition.  It will be happening in Hollywood, CA at the Gnomon School campus at 4 pm PST.  I won't be allowed to post my image with my name until after the winner is announced on October 2nd, but if you tune in while I'm competing, you'll get to see the sculpts as they are being made and you will have the chance to vote for your favorite (it'll be mine, I promise.  lol)

Together with the competition, I'm being featured in a ZBrush gallery running 1 October through January 2017.  It'll be an AR gallery where you'll be able to go and see my nymph bust (pictured below) in 3D real space.  I'm so super excited!


However, if augmented reality (AR) isn't good enough for you, you can swing by the FormLabs booth and the MoonRay 3D booth and check it out in person along with my Yoda Buddha as depicted below.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to see these in physical space!

I have had a ton of support from some absolutely wonderful people whom I love very much: my wife, my family, my mentors, and other friends.  People like that make life a wonder.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment